Decorating & Furniture/Green/Chocolate bedroom color scheme?

Question
I am moving into a new home and I would like to paint the master bedroom a light sagey-type green (possibly Rejuvenate from Behr)and would like to pull in chocolate as well. The floors will be a laminate/wood (probably cherry or something medium/dark). The king bed set (large headboard and footboard as well as a large dresser) is a light wood color. My questions are these: 1- can the comforter be completely chocolate or does it need to have some of the green? 2- Can the comforter be chocolate with tan accents/embroidery sections or will that tan be drab with the light wood of the overpowering bed set? I may not find the right comforter for a while, but have to commit to the paint this weekend and want to know if I should go ahead with the green. It's either that or all browns, but the main living area is looking like it may be a light brown and its been suggested that we change things up a bit.
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Answer
Hi Serena

I think adding green to all the brown would be a good idea.

The comforter can be plain brown if you wish but I would suggest you then add in some brown and green cushions and pillows to the bed in a variety of patterns and shapes to bring the two colors together.

Fabrics such as these for example would be lovely:

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=9c862b11-60e1-445c-b458-c46ff
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=4ae06a7c-e290-4817-b4dd-c86ff

As you have brown, green, light wood and dark wood I would avoid adding tan into the mix if I were you.  I think the plain chocolate comforter, livened up with a few cushions would add interest to the room using the pattern and shape rather than by adding in another color and this would give you a much better look in the end.

Kind regards

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston