Decorating & Furniture/Green/Chocolate bedroom color scheme?

I am moving into a new home and I would like to paint the master bedroom a light sagey-type green (possibly Rejuvenate from Behr)and would like to pull in chocolate as well. The floors will be a laminate/wood (probably cherry or something medium/dark). The king bed set (large headboard and footboard as well as a large dresser) is a light wood color. My questions are these: 1- can the comforter be completely chocolate or does it need to have some of the green? 2- Can the comforter be chocolate with tan accents/embroidery sections or will that tan be drab with the light wood of the overpowering bed set? I may not find the right comforter for a while, but have to commit to the paint this weekend and want to know if I should go ahead with the green. It's either that or all browns, but the main living area is looking like it may be a light brown and its been suggested that we change things up a bit.
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Hi Serena

I think adding green to all the brown would be a good idea.

The comforter can be plain brown if you wish but I would suggest you then add in some brown and green cushions and pillows to the bed in a variety of patterns and shapes to bring the two colors together.

Fabrics such as these for example would be lovely:

As you have brown, green, light wood and dark wood I would avoid adding tan into the mix if I were you.  I think the plain chocolate comforter, livened up with a few cushions would add interest to the room using the pattern and shape rather than by adding in another color and this would give you a much better look in the end.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit