Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen Cabinets

Question
We just put in dark red/brown flooring in. Were going to buy, probably build cabinets. I dont know what color to do! Whether it be a paint or stain (probably a stain). All those coffee glazes clash with the floor and if I go a dark red/black for the cabinets I'm afraid my little U shaped kitchen will be closed in. White is way to much of a contrast, but some of the cremes turn out pink next to the floors. Would you suggest maybe a yellow toned creme? Or just go dark? Would it look silly if I tried to find a stain that was the same color as my floors? Help!

Answer
I do think you have a bit of a problem here Cassandra.

I think that if it were my kitchen I would probably go with black but look for a very high gloss finish to reflect as much light as possible.

If you feel that would be too dark a light beech shade may work well.

I don't think that trying for an exact match would work.

Kind regards

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston