Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen Cabinets

We just put in dark red/brown flooring in. Were going to buy, probably build cabinets. I dont know what color to do! Whether it be a paint or stain (probably a stain). All those coffee glazes clash with the floor and if I go a dark red/black for the cabinets I'm afraid my little U shaped kitchen will be closed in. White is way to much of a contrast, but some of the cremes turn out pink next to the floors. Would you suggest maybe a yellow toned creme? Or just go dark? Would it look silly if I tried to find a stain that was the same color as my floors? Help!

I do think you have a bit of a problem here Cassandra.

I think that if it were my kitchen I would probably go with black but look for a very high gloss finish to reflect as much light as possible.

If you feel that would be too dark a light beech shade may work well.

I don't think that trying for an exact match would work.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit