Decorating & Furniture/Matching bedding with a bed

My boyfriend and I are moving into our first place, and we're starting fresh with everything. We found this beautiful deep cherry wood sleigh bed set that we love, but we are having trouble finding a color scheme that will compliment it. We don't particularly want to go with just a gold bedspread or one with red in it. I love blues, greens, and browns. Is there something you can suggest that would compliment cherry wood?

I think I would go with blue Lindsey of the colors you mention.

Blue and white is a lovely, fresh color scheme for a bedroom and would look fine with the cherry wood.

If you want to add a modern twist I suggest you then add in a few pieces - a couple of pillows, a soft rug - in an accent color like bright pink.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit