Decorating & Furniture/carpet and sofa colors

i have a vacation home I am redecorating.  the walls are white and the carpet is burgundy.  What color sofa would look best?  Can I use chocolate brown?

I think chocolate brown would be perfect Peggy - or perhaps a slightly lighter taupe.

Obviously, you need to be careful with a vacation property as everything you choose needs to be able to stand up to a bit more wear and tear than furnishings in your own home.

Please feel free to have a look at my website Peggy:

for more advice aimed specifically at the vacation property owner.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit