Decorating & Furniture/color for walls and cabinets

Hello, my question is what two colors should I use for walls with a red sofa the donating color will be going around into the dining and kitchen area the other color will be small wall from living into the hallway leading to the bedrooms can you give me sume suggestion?  Thanks I also want to put a large zebra rug in the middle of living

This is hard to answer Sherry without knowing more about your furnishings and other room colors but based on what you have told me I think a black and white color scheme with red and silver accents might be the answer.

In the room with the sofa, you could paint three of the walls white and the remaining wall red - as near to the same shade of red as the sofa as you can get.  Black furniture would be good with this and if you need a window covering, a silver venetian blind would be my suggestion.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit