Decorating & Furniture/What colour carpet?

Wehave just bought a dark taupe leather suite.  Our walls will be a beige colour and wondered what colour carpet?

Hi Carol

If it were my room I would lean towards either a light neutral carpet or a beech laminate wood or laminate.

I would then add color to the room with accent pieces.

Just pick a contrasting color you love - bright pink, red, orange, sky blue or lime green for example.

Let's say for example that you choose pink.  You could buy a fabric like this:

and use it so make a wall panel:

and also a few sofa cushions:

Supplement the cushions with a few in plain pink and maybe add a plain pink rug or two to the room.

This will not only give you a really contemporary look but one that you will be able to change for very little cost if you tire of it as you will be able to keep the basics that you already have.

If you are brave with color, you may also choose to paint one of your walls in the same shade of pink.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit