Decorating & Furniture/knotty pine

Question
living room
living room  
Hi, our fireplace is surrounded by knotty pine paneling up to the ceiling on one wall of our living room. Can you suggest some nice paint colors to go with it?  Thanks!

Answer
Hi Allison

If you look at a color wheel:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/color_wheel.html

you will see that directly opposite the orangey/brown colors are some lovely shades of blue and green and this would be my suggestion.

Obviously the strength and depth of the shade is up to you and depends on your attitude to strong color but I think a sky blue or light sage green would be lovely.

Kind regards,

Andrea  

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston