Decorating & Furniture/living room

Living Room
Living Room  
I have an unusual-shaped living room (see pics) in that it is round with lots of windows. I purchased a semi-round sectional couch. But not sure if I chose the right wall coloring.... Now I need an area rug and I am not sure what colors to go with. I have narrowed it to 2 rugs - one with a little of the teal from the couch and another with basic neutrals with the wall coloring and a small amount of chocolate brown. Do you think any of those would work, or do you have other suggestions? Also, would you choose a round or rectangular coffee table with the shape of the room & couch? I very much appreciate your help!  I have other photos but could only send one from here.

What a lovely room!  I think your sofa choice is just right - the cat seems to like it too.

It is hard for me to really see the color of the walls and the sofa clearly from the picture but I would say that a color combination that might look good is something like the top rug on this page:

which has the lovely teal/blue + the caramel color of the floor and introduces a little black which adds a nice dramatic accent.

Of the two rugs you describe, I would definitely suggest the one with the teal in it sounds best.

Looking at the shape in front of the sofa and imagining people sitting there and needing to put down their cup/glass/book, I would say that a rectangular table is definitely the way to go.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit