Decorating & Furniture/what will match

I have painted my foyer porcelain red. What color should I paint the parlor and dining room. As these two rooms can be sen from the foyer. Thanks Cheryl  

Hi Cheryl

I would definitely suggest you consider a shade of brown - a toffee/caramel shade perhaps.

Have a look at the color wheel here:

and take a look at the shade of brown that is next to the red that is nearest to your wall color.

That color would be a good choice but if you feel that would be too dark (particularly if you are decorating a small or dark area) then a lighter shade would be fine.

If you really feel you need to go for something a lot lighter then I would suggest that cream would be better than white which would be too stark in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit