Decorating & Furniture/what will match

Question
I have painted my foyer porcelain red. What color should I paint the parlor and dining room. As these two rooms can be sen from the foyer. Thanks Cheryl  

Answer
Hi Cheryl

I would definitely suggest you consider a shade of brown - a toffee/caramel shade perhaps.

Have a look at the color wheel here:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/color_wheel.html

and take a look at the shade of brown that is next to the red that is nearest to your wall color.

That color would be a good choice but if you feel that would be too dark (particularly if you are decorating a small or dark area) then a lighter shade would be fine.

If you really feel you need to go for something a lot lighter then I would suggest that cream would be better than white which would be too stark in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston