Decorating & Furniture/End tables and pine walls

Question
We have a finished basement that has pine walls.  We just purchased a chocolate brown sectional and a brown accent chair that has a teal design.  I need to get end tables but my husband thinks a dark color won't go with the pine walls.  But something light like pine or oak don't match the brown sectional.  Do my end tables need to match the walls?  Please advise.  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Lauri,
Please purchase end tables that do not match the walls.  You should purchase something in a different wood tone.  Perhaps something in Cherry or a deep mahogany would be perfect.
The idea is to compliment all pieces, not try to match the pieces.
Add some interest and mix up the woods.
You can then accessorize with the teal tones from the accent chair.
Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner