Decorating & Furniture/Teenager's Bedroom

Question
Hi Rachel,
Thank you for taking my question. Painting son's room(13). I would like a color pallet for him to grow into. He wants black walls,with very red, bright yellow and and purple accents. I"am having heart failure! He likes the Grateful Dead and all genres of rock and roll. Plays sports but he would desire a colorful and interesting "place". I am willing to compromise. Furniture is maple wood and silver metal,but I am willing to paint. Help! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Wendy

Answer
colors
colors  
Hi Wendy,
I would suggest going with a black accent wall. (Whichever wall is the focal point.) I would take out the purple and the yellow because they don't look all that great with maple and stick with red and charcoal gray. These colors are much more masculine as well. I attached an image that shows a nice color palette that I think he can grow into and has a little rock and rock feel. Hope this helps and take care.

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer
http://www.roominabook.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID