Decorating & Furniture/color scheme vaulted ceiling

In our living room we have vaulted ceiling and only one window for natural light. Our color scheme is warm brown colors.We want to use the color Bagel and toasty from the Sherwin-Williams.  My question is that I would like to paint the vaulted ceilings the darker color. But I am concerned about this. We want to put in recess lights and crown molding with lights. Thanks

If you are looking to bring the height down a bit than painting the ceiling the darker shade will give you this feeling. I think that it would look fine. If you would like further assistance please send images to

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book