Decorating & Furniture/kitchen needs help

Question
kitchen
kitchen  
Picture this...house 20 years old./ kitchen is open to family room with half wall.floor is light oak wood. cabinets are birch(I think)includes 4 door pantry.fully lit ceiling.. Too much wood. I want to paint the cupboards, but everyone says don't paint wood. I don't have enough wall space for the colour to make an impact. I had pictured off white cupboards, with terra cotta rose walls. Should I paint

Answer
Hi Dawn,
I think painting the cupboards is fine.  I too try to stay away from painting wood, but that is usually moulding/trim and mantels.
In this case, painting would be a great update to your kitchen, as would the color you have chosen for the walls.
Great idea.
Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner