Decorating & Furniture/paint color

Question
I hired a decorator and am not sure about the color she chose for my house; living, dining, entryway and hallways.  I have a gold couch, and she suggested a teal area rug with some gold in it.  The color she suggested is Marilyns Dress, by Benjamin Moore.  I still need to buy club chairs, but cant choose a fabric color.  She feels its a neutral gray, but I'm afraid its purple looking.  I have dark cherry hardwood and dark brown tile flooring, distressed white and rich cherry wood antique pieces, with some painted pieces as well(a distressed apple green armoire).  I wanted Seafoam or Iceberg...maybe more green.  I wanted everything to look "fresh".  My style is cottage.

Answer
cottagedesign
cottagedesign  
Hi Meredith,
I think the decorator is in the right direction but I think it would look better if you chose either a soft sage green or a soft medium blue/gray color for the walls and club chair upholstery. I also would not use teal in the rug. I think it would look better if you had a rug that was gold and apple green to tie the sofa and the green armoire together. I attached some board images to show you how everything would work together visually. Hope this helps.

Check out Room in a Book for Online Decorating at www.roominabook.com

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID