Decorating & Furniture/painting a basement room

Question
Hi-please help. I am finishing a 14 x 25 ft basement room for a rec room for my teenage son. We picked a light carpet with in a yellowish cream color. My son wants to paint the walls antique red with white trim. I am afraid the red will be overwhelming and want to do just one accent wall. What do you think? Whole room or accent wall? and if we do the accent wall, what color should the other walls be?
Thank you!

Answer
Hi Jennifer,
I think one accent wall in red would be a great idea. Then with the description of the carpet color, I would compliment it with something in the yellow family.
Sherwin Williams:
SW6128 Blonde
SW6129 Restrained Gold
SW0044 Hubbard Squash

I hope some of these color ideas appeal to you.  I think it will look stunning with the red accent wall.

Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner