Decorating & Furniture/painting a basement room

Hi-please help. I am finishing a 14 x 25 ft basement room for a rec room for my teenage son. We picked a light carpet with in a yellowish cream color. My son wants to paint the walls antique red with white trim. I am afraid the red will be overwhelming and want to do just one accent wall. What do you think? Whole room or accent wall? and if we do the accent wall, what color should the other walls be?
Thank you!

Hi Jennifer,
I think one accent wall in red would be a great idea. Then with the description of the carpet color, I would compliment it with something in the yellow family.
Sherwin Williams:
SW6128 Blonde
SW6129 Restrained Gold
SW0044 Hubbard Squash

I hope some of these color ideas appeal to you.  I think it will look stunning with the red accent wall.

Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory