Decorating & Furniture/wall color

Question
My bedroom has a cathedral ceiling.  It is a nice size room though not huge.  Currently the furniture, no headboard, is painted a shabby sheik white, walls are green, the the theme is flowers.  I am SICK OF ALL THE FUFU!  I amconsidering a room with chocolate brown and white bedding and hope to paint an accent wall.  As you enter the bedroom straight in front are two windows with an arched window near the peak of the ceiling.  To the left of the entrance are two double door closets that lead into the bathroom.  My HUGE question, since the furniture is white what color should I paint the walls and can I use an accent color.  I will need to tie all this in with the bath as it is attached.  The bath has white tile, sink and tub.  I am very open to suggestions on the colors.  I picture my bed to be a chocolate brown comforter with everything else white.

Answer
Hi Lynn,
Since your theme is flowers you may want to find some cool modern bedding with a floral design. I really like this one from 2modern. Here is the link: http://2modern.com/modern-furniture/Bed-Covers/Amenity-Organic-Bloom-Duvet

I think it would look nice if you used that bedding or something similar and than did an accent wall in a chocolate brown and then paint the walls in maybe a warm tan or soft gray. Hope this helps.

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer
http://www.roominabook.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID