Decorating & Furniture/wall color for teal couch, gray carpet

Question
Carol\'s Livingroom
Carol's Livingroom  
Hi Sandy, thanks for being here!  I need help with paint and window treatments for my livingroom - I want it to be "warm and inviting".

Room has white ceiling, wintry sky gray walls, carpet that a bit darker than walls.  There is a 14' stairwell wall that has a peach/brown/gray design wallpaper on it (not finished hanging it yet).  There is an overhung closet (accessible from another room) over the front door.

Here's what's in the room: teal couch, 2 teal recliners, golden oak furniture, dark blue accents, horrible white mini blinds, loads & loads of plants...  There is also a sheet rocked beam with a shelf attached to it that splits the 25' x 13' room (not counting the foyer area).  The windows also each have a thin shelf (for Christmas stuff).

I'd like to paint the wall behind the couch that's attached to the wallpapered wall.  Having trouble coming up with a color scheme and desperately want to get it done. (I took everything down to put "Christmas" up last year and still haven't put anything back.)

Please help!  Thanks again, Carol  

Answer
Hi Carol,
How about a light teal color to compliment the wall paper you are in the process of hanging.
It sounds like the brown/peach/grey could use a little pop of color next to it.
In looking at your furniture (thank you for including a picture - definitely helps!) I think a Sherwin Williams #SW6469 Dewy  (lighter teal color) or if you want to stay in the peach realm #SW6350 Intricate Ivory - it is a very warm light peach color.
Regarding the window treatments, why not try some roman shades in a beautiful fabric to compliment everything you are doing.  These can be custom made and are usually not real expensive but of course it depends on the fabric you choose - most are very reasonable.  My clients are very happy with their roman shades as it gets them away from the miniblinds and adds color and warmth at the same time.
Thanks for writing.
Good luck with your project.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner