Decorating & Furniture/Beech dining table

Question
Hi there, I have a beech dining table (it's a natural yellow-ish tone, no stain, clear lacquer) and I'm desperately trying to choose a dark timber floor for my new home which will complement it.  I have never, ever seen a picture of a beech dining table on a dark timber floor, all I have ever seen are beech tables on light timber floors - and I don't want a light timber floor !  Can you please help me ?  My only other alternative would be to stain the dining table which could be quite time-consuming and scary (if we get it wrong !)  Thank you !

Answer
Hi Lyn,
      I see nothing wrong with light wood on a dark floor. Think of a tan jacket against a pair of black pants. One thing you could do is get some paint chips that are close to the colour of your table (they don't have to be an exact match) and some chips the same colour as the flooring you want; put them next to each other to see the best match then find the flooring that comes closest. If you know the flooring already ask for a sample of that. I hope this helps :)
       Blessings,
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker