Decorating & Furniture/Choosing a fireplace color

We are installing an electric fireplace and planning to hang a wide screen TV over the mantle. The floor is a honey/golden oak hardwood and the sofa is a chocolate brown leather. What color mantle should we choose? Light oak to blend with the floor, dark cherry or walnut or perhaps white????

Hi Deborah,
         The oak would look very nice and tie the mantle with the floor, anchoring it. White would stand out too much and may look out of place instead of a focal point. Hope this helps :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002