Decorating & Furniture/Coordinating coffee table color with oriental rug

Question
family room rug and room
family room rug and ro  
I have a large 23.5ft by 13.5 ft family room with 12 ft ceilings and large windows along walls. I have included pics to give you idea of room. I am redecorating around an 8X10 red oriental and am thinking of putting in a warm, medium brown leather couch & chair and am having a challenge on what color coffee table, end table and plasma tv stand to put in the room. Would it be better to go with a dark walnut color or a lighter color? Would it look OK to do plasma tv stand in one shade (ie darker wood) and the end tables and coffee tables in a lighter tone? I'm also thinking of doing one or two leather tub swivel chairs next to the fire place in a camel color. Thoughts on having the tub chairs different leather color than couch?

Answer
Hi Janet,
        To be honest, I haven't seen a light coloured plasma stand :) The ones we have in our area are mainly black or silver metal. I would match the wood tones of your tables to the colour of the leather, getting as close as possible going to the darker browns. For the stand, I think black would be a good choice, or the darker walnut you mentioned. It will anchor the TV, and make it a focalpoint in the room. Hope this helps :)
         Blessings,
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker