Decorating & Furniture/Forest green carpet in my living room

Hi, i want to paint my , i have living room forest green carpet and my love sit is caramel color and the chair is caramel,green, orange,beige ,burgundy and purple and the love sit have pillows the same color of the chair . And my living room is small and i have a big picture window too. Help me i want to paint and look nice thank you .

Hi Marisol,
         Since you mentioned the room is small I would look to the camel and beige in your furnishings. Choose a colour in these ranges that will not be too cold or dark in a north facing room or too warm or bright in a south facing one. Remember that a west or east facing room gets sun at the end or beginning of the day respectively so will not have as great an effect as one facing north or south that receives constant cool or warm temperature. Hope this helps :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002