Decorating & Furniture/Furniture storage

I need to store some Thomasville beds and nightstands in NC over a few months this winter.  What is the safest way to protect these pieces?  Should I wrap them in bubble wrap, unprinted newsprint, just blankets, what?  I don't want to put anything on them that might damage the finish.  I'd appreciate your input. Thanks.

Hi Toni,
       Wherever you store your furniture, it should be dry and well ventilated. Also put it up off the ground on a pallet or similar platform to avoid contact with moisture from below. You may also want to spray it with a good quality furniture spray like pledge to give it added protection. I haven't actually done this, just read about it :)but if you're storing the mattresses as well you could wrap them in plastic, something like they are at the store before you buy one. You might also check with a high end furniture store, especially if they manufacture their own wood pieces, or perhaps a cabinet maker; if they can't help, they may be able to give you some suggestions about where to go for help. I hope this helps :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002