Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen color

We are in the process of repainting our kitchen and are looking for some suggestions on color.  We have Medium Cherry cabinets, Creme Bordeaux granite counter tops, and our backsplash is tumbled travertine tile which is a neutral color. Appliances are stainless steel and floor is hardwood. The kitchen was painted with Chesterfield Buff by Benjamin Moore but that color did not do anything for the room.  The kitchen also has an area for eating which will also need to be painted the same color.

Hi Bonnie,
         I can suggest two colourways for you, one is monochomatic the other complementary. The first would be to pick a shade of burgundy to tone with the cherry cabinets or play them up with an olive green. The lightness or darkness, and brightness you choose will depend on how much light you get in the room, the time of day the room is most used, and the mood you want, formal, country, etc. Hope this helps :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002