Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen color

Question
We are in the process of repainting our kitchen and are looking for some suggestions on color.  We have Medium Cherry cabinets, Creme Bordeaux granite counter tops, and our backsplash is tumbled travertine tile which is a neutral color. Appliances are stainless steel and floor is hardwood. The kitchen was painted with Chesterfield Buff by Benjamin Moore but that color did not do anything for the room.  The kitchen also has an area for eating which will also need to be painted the same color.

Answer
Hi Bonnie,
         I can suggest two colourways for you, one is monochomatic the other complementary. The first would be to pick a shade of burgundy to tone with the cherry cabinets or play them up with an olive green. The lightness or darkness, and brightness you choose will depend on how much light you get in the room, the time of day the room is most used, and the mood you want, formal, country, etc. Hope this helps :)
         Blessings,
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker