Decorating & Furniture/Stair runners end where?

Hi!  We just bought a house with beautiful hardwood floors.  We'd like to order a stair runner, but where does it end?  The stairs are across from the front door.  Does the bottom end of the runner extend toward the front door (there's a 4' vestibule & about 8' from there to the stairs)  And at the top would it stop at the depth of the stairs run or continue across the hallway?  Would we need separate matching runners upstairs and in the entry?  Thanks for your help!

Hi Theresa,
         A stair runner starts at the bottom tread and ends at the top tread. It is edged with a metal piece to keep it from slipping. No, it is not necessary to continue the runner into the entry. Hope this helps :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002