Decorating & Furniture/color and accessories

Question
Hello G. Norah Baker,

We recently moved into this very old home.  I have no idea what to do with the diningroom as far as accessories, color, curtains, etc.  The furniture is dark (mahogany color), the hardwood floors are a medium color and the walls are a pale peach.  I would appreciate any help you can give me.  I am at a total loss as to what needs to be done.  Thank you and have a nice day!  :-)

Lani

Answer
Hi Lani,
       Peach walls remind me of the Georgian era of pale pastels :) Peach is a tint of orange so you could look to minty and pale leafy greens, lavenders, sunny pale yellows, and sky blues. Accessories could be brass, silver, pewter, and laces in sheer under curtains that can be used alone in summer, for tops of sideboards, and table linens such as cloths and runners. Hurricane lamps and wall sconces, and candlelight, perhaps taper candles in a deeper shade of your main colour. Hope this helps,
         Blessings,
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker