Decorating & Furniture/colour scheme to match dark furniture

I would love to surprise my partner by decorating his livivng room as it has been the same for so many years. his furniture is dark wood and his sofa is a dated brown material. I am on a budget and dont realy want to buy new furniture so can you recommend a colour scheme for the walls to liven up this dull living room!?
please help, arrrh!

Hi Amber,
       Without knowing the present colour of the walls, let me suggest the following. We have a brown sectional :)that goes very well with the antique white walls. You may want to go a little more yellow in the cream range if antique white would look too pale. Another colour you might try is a shade or tint of olive green, giving the impression of leaves against bark. Or, thirdly, you might consider a nurturing scheme of red, yellow and green.
  Since you are on a budget, accessories are the best way to go. Add pillows, flowers--silk or real, or even a rug in any of the colourways I've mentioned above. A pine scented candle would be a nice touch for the olive green scheme to really bring you into the forest :)
       Hope this helps! Blessings,

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002