Decorating & Furniture/painting colors

Question
We own a two-flat and live off of both levels....the back stairwell between the units is in dire need of an update.  Currently the walls and the woodwork are a peachy white and the stairs are dark brown.  I woould like to bright up the area, while still making sure that the color won't show too much dirt (it is the major traffic way between the units)  I was thinking of doing the floors in a tan or gray, the lower part of the walls in a lighter tan or blue (if we go with gray floors) and the upper part of the walls in a linin or bluer white (again, if we go with the gray walls.)  I am very open to any suggestions I can get.  One thing...we do plan to put braided carpet treads on the stairs too.)  Thanks for all your help!

Answer
Hi Katelyn,
         For the gray scheme you might try 1674 polar sky and 1671 west coast, both by Benjamin Moore or windy blue and misty by Sherwin Williams. For the tan scheme camelback and netsuke by Sherwin Williams. Hope this helps :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker