Decorating & Furniture/Apartment color-small space

Question
Hi April,

I am moving into a small 1 bedroom apartment and I would like to add a dash of color in the bedroom, living room and bathroom. I want to pick colors that will open up the space and I only want to paint one wall in each room. I was thinking about a shade of purple in the bedroom, green in the living room and yellow in the bathroom. What shades should I go for? I want to have a happy, fun but elegant look to my apartment.

Thanks for your help on this.
Michelle

Answer
I think if you are going to use a variety of colors you should paint all of the walls to avoid a checker pattern look.

Keep your colors in the same undertones and they will work well together -- in other words, don't select a bright, pure yellow and a muted purple. Keep them all similar in tone.

Good luck.
April

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe