Decorating & Furniture/Color for bedroom furniture

Question
We have just put down trafficmaster hickory floor planks in our bedroom, 15x11.  The lower walls have beadboard that is painted antique white with tea stain, and the upper walls are a dark cranberry. Now I am wondering what color furniture to put in? The antique whites seem too feminine for my husband.  I could make a fabric headboard but that still leaves me with night stands and armoire.  Any advice?

Answer
Hi Linda,

Thanks for choosing me to answer your decor questions.  

I think you're absolutely correct that antique white furniture would tend to be more feminine than most men would like.  

Consider a wood tone that's closer to your flooring for the armoire and night stands.  (I love the idea of a fabric headboard....make sure it has some green in it to coordinate with the cranberry.)  The wood furniture does not have to be the same color as the floor.  It would actually look best if it were a shade or two lighter.  Something in a natural maple would be beautiful.  Make sure the pieces are sturdy and on the masculine side, to keep hubby happy.  I love rooms that give something to both!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik