Decorating & Furniture/Color matching

I have just bought a 2 seater, and 2 electric recliners, in a deep Maroon color (similar to Mark Sloan's chair in 'Diagnosis Murder'). The suite is made of leather. (studded executive style), with Mahogany wood trim.
Please can you give your suggesttions regarding color co-ordination, for wallpaper and carpet

Hello Angus,
What room is this going in?  What type of a look are you trying to achieve? With maroon you can use green, yellow (gold), blue, blue/green, red/orange and yellow/green.  Masland makes a beautiful camel color sisal look rug with a burgundy line that makes up a plaid.  It would be beautiful in a family room, den or study.  Depending on how much drama you want, on the walls you can use equally dark shades of hunter green, navy blue, etc. for a really rich look.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals