Decorating & Furniture/Color theme for my new house

Question
Hi my new house has maple dark red color kitchen cab and wood flooring. Wall paint is light brown/grey. What colors of furnitures should I go with? Thanks

Answer
Hi Andy,
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I was having issues with my inbox over the weekend. Congratulations on your new house!  Ok, that's a broad question, so let's break it down.  Are you looking for furniture for the kitchen such as a new table and chairs? Or does the kitchen open right onto the family room?  What specific items are you looking to purchase?  Are you starting from scratch, or do you have any existing elements  that you will bring to the new house?  Do you have a photo you could send?  If I may make a suggestion, I always tell me clients to start preparing by looking through magazines and catalogs and pulling out pictures of things/rooms they are drawn to.  You will quickly notice a pattern developing.  It's YOUR style.  Keep them handy, put them in a file that you can take along and use when you are shopping. It really can help you save time and money because you'll already be aware of what you are looking for.  Send a photo on over so I can see what you are working with.  I'll be more than happy to give you additional feedback!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer