Decorating & Furniture/Curtains

Hi, We recently moved to a new appt and the carpet is dark maroon with blue and green flowers in the corners. The sofa is beige and has maroon and green circles as the print. Am not sure what colour curtain would look good

Hi Angel,
You want to make sure that the room is not "bottom heavy" and by that I mean you want to spread the color around the room.  If you bring the color to the wall in the form of drapery panels, I would probably choose the maroon or a maroon stripe that brings in the beige of the sofa.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals