Decorating & Furniture/Long livingroom, with pics

Whoops!  Here is a screen-shot of the plan.  I always forget to attach.

Hi Mark,

The concern I have with the room is two-fold.  One, where will the television go (my concern is that it will go backing up to Blake's wall or at the far end opposite the dining room.)  If you are orienting furniture toward the tv, it makes sense that it would back up to Blake's wall.  If so, make sure that inside wall is well insulated to muffle sound.  My second concern, and the greater of the two, is that there appears to be no window openings in the room.  With the only outside wall being opposite the dining room, you leave yourself "in the dark" without a lot of task lighting as well as ambient light, but perhaps this was by design.

Furniture placement should not be a problem in the space.  You have virtually 3 walls plus enough room in the space to float a good sized couch or two chairs.  And pulling in chairs from the dining room to accommodate large gatherings should not be a problem.  

I hope this feedback helps you.  The plan is such that you could have multiple pieces of permanent furniture and several options for bringing in additional temporary seating.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology