Decorating & Furniture/Master Bed and Bath

Question
QUESTION: Jenny:

I decorated my master bath with reds and silver and white. It's really pretty with the black granite in their but it later dawned on me that my master bedroom has to match and I wanted to do aqua and brown with my bedroom. My question: Are the master bed and bath supposed to match or can I do different colors in each and if they are supposed to match, do I have to start all over with my bath or what can I do?

ANSWER: Hi Catrice,

Thanks for choosing me to answer your decor questions.  

Most often, master baths that adjoin the master bedroom carry over the same colors.  That does not mean that you have to "start over".  First of all, if you like aqua and brown for the bedroom do it.  You can certainly use two different color ways in these two rooms.  It's your space after all.

If you want to sort of tie the two rooms together without starting over, then my suggestion would be to integrate some of the dominant colors from room to room.  For instance, carry  a touch or two of the red from the bath into the bedroom.  This can be a single decorative pillow for the bed and a black or silver vase with red flowers in it on the other side of the bedroom.  If you want to integrate white into this, here's the place to do that too.  In the bath, add a touch or two of aqua.  Again, it can be something as simple as a vase with aqua sticks or flowers in it and perhaps a guest towel in bright aqua.  It's called cross-pollinating color, and it works well.

You may have to add up to 3 things in the bedroom -- scattered around the room to pull the color all over -- but it will work.

Hope this helps you.

Jenny

QUESTION: Jenny:

This is what I was thinking would work, I just wanted clarifiction. I know just what I'll do with it to make it work. I had one more thing. I have a dining table for 6. I want to set the table with dishes. When I do, does all six spots have to have a place setting or can I do the main 4 and just a charger on each head end? How does this really go?

Thanks

Answer
Sure, or just set the table for 2.  Your choice.  You can set two (one on each end) or 4 (your choice of which four).  I have mine set for 2.  I use a charger, a large dining plate and stacked on top of the dinner plate I use a salad plate and napkin.  I then set the utensils including a tea spoon at the top of each plate (for dessert).  Two forks, two knives (butter and carving) and a spoon on the side and one at the top of the plate.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik