Decorating & Furniture/Mixing styles.

Thanks for the reply.I am not planning to paint in the near future.but surely like to paint.Your suggestion is most welcome.
contemporary lamp is one with is red in color.if i am using stripes in the draperies is it necessary that the rug should match the design(stripes)?I would really appriciate your advice.Thanks.

No, it is not necessary to have the design match.  The colors should match but you need it to pop so there should be some element of surprise.  If it's too matchy it will be dull.  You don't have to use stripes on the draperies, it was just a suggestion.  Solid long drapery panels are also very stylish and will give you more flexibility. Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals