Decorating & Furniture/Oriental red plush couch, looking for paint

Question
Hello, I have a deep rich red colored couch, and I am looking for a color to paint my living room, I have read that cream goes well with it, but I do not like cream, I am trying to find a brownish color that would go, or a white, but i wanted to have something that was more than the same neutral color I had at my old apartment. I have also bought a few red accents, such as candles, some artificial orchids, and I seem to be gravitating towards this color, but not for the walls. The living room is a little oddly shaped, but since it's a peach color right now, it needs to be updated!! Thank you very much! Lynne

Answer
Hi Lynne,
It all depends on the undertone of the couch.  Is it a true red, a red-violet, OR a red-orange?  If you are able to determine which of those it truly is, I will be better able to assist you.  There are beautiful browns and there are many to choose from.  Be careful how much red you introduce.  You'll want to mix it up.  Not everything should have the same impact.  Let the couch be the star and we'll put a palette together that will not only help you with your wall color, but your accessories as well. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer