Decorating & Furniture/Painting an accent wall

Question
I am a "hobbyist" decorator and have agreed to help a friend redo a portion of her home. She wants an accent color on one wall of the living room. The ceiling is vaulted and very high. Should we choose a faux finish? paint a design such as stripes? Current colors are golds, red, burgundy.

Answer
Hi Joyce,

Since the wall has a high vaulted ceiling, you may want to consider a horizontal stripe rather than a vertical one to "bring" the eye down to the wall.  A faux finish is another good idea, but that's a lot of space to "faux", and unless you're accomplished at it AND have no fear of heights, you may want to use another technique.  

One simpler way to accomplish the accent wall is to pick a wow color and paint that one wall in it.  

Let me know how it turns out, and keep up your "hobbyist" decorating.  If you'll start keeping a before and after photo journal of the things you do, you may find yourself in business.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik