Decorating & Furniture/Slanted Walls

Hi I have a long narrow bedroom with slanted walls however it has a straight wall on the bottom which is 3-4 feet high.
The window is smack in the middle at the end of the room and door is in the middle of the front of the room.  My bed right now is in an angle because the room is very long but not wide.  I need help with what color should i paint and how can I divide the room into a suite.  I would like to capture a warm, inviting, southern look.  Please help!

Hi Liz,
The first order of business is placement.  How would it look to have the bed directly under the window facing out into the room.  You could do a beautiful window treatment on either side to frame the bed and have the drapery hardware follow the line of the ceiling.  It would be a stunning focal point as you enter the room.  As far as color, I would choose your bedding and or drapery material and then select your wall color from that palette.  If you have room, add a dresser and perhaps a sitting area.  It will be gorgeous!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals