Decorating & Furniture/big empty space next to fireplace

Question
Empty Space
Empty Space  
I need help with the space next to my fireplace.  It is suppose to be a nook for an armoire to put your TV in, but we have our TV above the fireplace.  I need something to set my dvd player, etc on so it has to be somewhat functional but decorative.

Answer
Hi Kim,

I think an armoire or some type of bookcase would still be an attractive option. It will look great in the space AND an armoire is so versatile!  It provides a multitude of storage solutions.  You can use it to store the components out of the way and also for movies, music etc.  If you have kids it's great for toys and games, also extra pillows and throws for watching TV.  
If you get tired of it in the family room, you can move it to a kitchen or dining room for added storage for dishes, or even as a pantry.  In a bedroom, it can serve as a closet or hold the TV and extra clothing and bedding, and as a linen closet in or outside of a bath. As you can tell, I'm basically sold on the concept of an armoire.  I don't think you'll be sorry.

Kim Boyer
of Kimberly Boyer Interiors

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer