Decorating & Furniture/color of furniture

Question
QUESTION: Hi Jenny,
My living room has light mud color walls with a tinch of pink in it.The carpet is skin goldenish. with a big red turkish rug on it. What color should the furniture be. There are 3 separate sofas in the living room.Thanks a lot

ANSWER: Hi -

Thanks for selecting me to answer your question.  I'd probably opt for a dark brown or black as far as furniture.  Of course, I'm thinking leather.  If you'd prefer fabric, then select your favorite "neutral" shade and go for that.  Just make sure that your fabric appears a solid color, that if it has a pattern in it, you don't see the pattern from a distance, i.e., no plaids or florals.  You tend to tire of all that bold pattern quickly, and furniture isn't cheap.

Actually, if you opt for leather, you could use black, brown or dark green.  All these colors would go very well with your rug, wall color and carpet.

Hope this helps you.
Jenny

QUESTION: Hi Jenny

Thanks a lot for your answer which was very useful. I would also like to know should all the 3 sofa be of the same color or can i use different colors. I also want to place flowers in my living room, which color artificial flower should  use. In the end thanks again.
Regards
Fatima

Answer
You can use different colors, but I think you'd be happiest if at least 2 of the 3 were the same.  As for artificial flowers, I'd opt for some silk ones and use the red from your rug, the muddy color from your walls and some that match your carpet color.  Add some simple green silk leaves to the arrangement as well.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik