Decorating & Furniture/colors

I live in a studio and I have one grey wall, against this wall I have three pieces
of wooden furniture, in the middle I have my desk which is the biggest piece
and also different wood color than the other two, I was thinking to paint it but
I can not think what color would pass best, I have dark wooden floor and a
white small carpet and the other two pices that stand against the grey wall
are also dark.
Please help me with some suggestions, I was thinking about light blue but
don't know if it is a good idea, the grey wall is of medium intensity
Thank you in advance

Hi Katerina,

Thanks for choosing me to answer your decor question.  Blue is a much happier "cool" tone, and will certainly enliven the space.  Since your floor is dark, the contrast between the wall, the floor and your dark furniture will be very smart.  I'd also suggest that you paint any trim molding you have (window sills, baseboards etc.) in a crisp white semi-gloss.  When you select your blue, look for a silvery shade of blue.  It will be spectacular.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology