Decorating & Furniture/colors

Question
Hello,
I live in a studio and I have one grey wall, against this wall I have three pieces
of wooden furniture, in the middle I have my desk which is the biggest piece
and also different wood color than the other two, I was thinking to paint it but
I can not think what color would pass best, I have dark wooden floor and a
white small carpet and the other two pices that stand against the grey wall
are also dark.
Please help me with some suggestions, I was thinking about light blue but
don't know if it is a good idea, the grey wall is of medium intensity
Thank you in advance

Answer
Hi Katerina,

Thanks for choosing me to answer your decor question.  Blue is a much happier "cool" tone, and will certainly enliven the space.  Since your floor is dark, the contrast between the wall, the floor and your dark furniture will be very smart.  I'd also suggest that you paint any trim molding you have (window sills, baseboards etc.) in a crisp white semi-gloss.  When you select your blue, look for a silvery shade of blue.  It will be spectacular.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik