Decorating & Furniture/what colors to use

We recently bought house open floor plan. living room/family room has twal black and cream drapes. The walls behind the drapes are black. The rest of the walls are cream. The floors are dark hard wood. We have a new paisley chair and sofa. {new that we had bought before we bought this house. The colors in the sofa are mostly burgundy and cream with small amount of black. Is there a way we can bring all this together. We cant afford to make major changes right now.

It sounds like you have a great start -- black, cream and black. If you like all of those colors I would keep up with that combination. If you want to add in touches of green that would work also (just be sure to add 2 - 3 pieces to make an impact). You could also add those in seasonally.

Add in metals and other woods (although not too light) and you will create a visually-appealing space.

Decorating & Furniture

April Force Pardoe

Can answer questions about decorating, hanging art, furniture arrangement, color selections, accessorizing, window treatments, storage, organizing, staging, redesign

I run an interior redesign, staging and decorating company and have worked in creative fields—as a graphic designer and event planner—for 13 years. I have made a living creating beautiful spaces. I have the ability to see things not for what they are—but for what they could be.

Master of Arts in Publication Design.