Decorating & Furniture/design style?

Hi Jenny,
These sites are just fantastic. This a really trivialo question and not so much to do with a decorating question but rather a decorating style.  I watched the movie as good as it gets with Diane Keaton & Jack Nicholson, the house that it was set in is just beautifully decorated can you please tell me what style theme this is.  That is if you have seen the movie .
Thank You

Kind Regards

Hi Cathy,

I did see the movie, and as I recall, Diane Keaton lived in a seaside home with lots of slipcovered (all in white) furniture and heavy wood pieces.  I'd have to call it eclectic with a bent toward traditional cottage.  That probably doesn't help you much, but it's a sort of Hemingway inspired look.  

The woods are typically medium to dark in tone, and shades of white are predominant.  Curtains are billowy, there's always an oversized fireplace and large windows with great views (in this case of the ocean).  The other thing that sort of sticks in my mind was bead board in the kitchen area and lots and lots of white everywhere.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology