Decorating & Furniture/design style?

Question
Hi Jenny,
These sites are just fantastic. This a really trivialo question and not so much to do with a decorating question but rather a decorating style.  I watched the movie as good as it gets with Diane Keaton & Jack Nicholson, the house that it was set in is just beautifully decorated can you please tell me what style theme this is.  That is if you have seen the movie .
Thank You

Kind Regards
Cathy

Answer
Hi Cathy,

I did see the movie, and as I recall, Diane Keaton lived in a seaside home with lots of slipcovered (all in white) furniture and heavy wood pieces.  I'd have to call it eclectic with a bent toward traditional cottage.  That probably doesn't help you much, but it's a sort of Hemingway inspired look.  

The woods are typically medium to dark in tone, and shades of white are predominant.  Curtains are billowy, there's always an oversized fireplace and large windows with great views (in this case of the ocean).  The other thing that sort of sticks in my mind was bead board in the kitchen area and lots and lots of white everywhere.

?
Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik