Decorating & Furniture/family room

QUESTION: I have a family room that we recently painted the walls cream with the trimmings black and have black carpet. Our furniture is a burgandy leather set what other colors will help in the room for the curtains and the rugs and accessories.

ANSWER: I normally suggest that you incorporate all the colors within the room for curtains and/or rugs and accessories.  In this case, burgandy, cream and a touch of black.

QUESTION: thank you should i add any other colors to the room

That depends on the look you are trying to achieve in the space.  If you feel that using those three colors over and over accomplishes the overall look you want, then no.  If you feel something is "missing" or "lacking" in the space, add some green.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology