Decorating & Furniture/flooring

trying to decide - put hardwood floors in entire downstairs or carpet dining room and formal living room(black baby grand), tile in kitchen and family room and entrance from front door and then wood on steps going to second level.
  Is this too many different types of flooring all running together? The flooring is all 70'ish now, i.e; vinyl Armstrong and carpet.

Hi Nancy,
First of all, flooring is a very personal choice.  Think about how you are going to use each space.  Do you have any pets?  Do you live in a warm or a cool climate?  That will all greatly impact your choices as well as the look you are going for. I would choose one or two but probably not all three.  

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals