Decorating & Furniture/interior designing

Question
what accessories would you add to a country style
sitting room with conservatory leading off trough
double french doors,furnished with a mixture of two modern timeless sofas covered in a floral fabric to match the curtains,two antique chairs
upholstered in coordinating plain colours,mahogany bureau bookcase and Pembroke table,wicker theatrical hamper used as a coffee table,built in bookshelves, pale yellow emulsion painted walls,gold or beige seagrass matting floor covering.

Where should the emphasis lie when arranging accessories?

Answer
Thanks for writing me with your decorating questions.  If you want a country style, I'd suggest that you incorporate some pale to medium blue decorative pieces with your pale yellow.  Simple bowls, vases and some additional wicker or wooden baskets will enhance the decor and give it a country, almost french country feel.  There are some beautiful country collections, particularly roosters, that come in colorful yellows and reds as well as creamy whites.   

Add your accessories around the room.  Floral bouquets in vases on coffee tables, tall or short are a smart place to start.  

Layer your accessories - baskets paired with small embroidered pieces, candles and collections all work well in tandem.  

Spread color around the room.  Add florals where appropriate, and leave some blank space so the eye can rest.  If you have large objects of country art, i.e., wagons, tall statues etc.  use them sparingly around the room, particularly in corners.  

If you have collections - keep them together.  Spreading them apart destroys the integrity of the objects.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik