Decorating & Furniture/kitchen walls decorating idea

QUESTION: My new home has gray corian countertops and pickled cabinets (they look pink).  I would like ideas for painting the walls--they are currently white--not my preference. thanks

ANSWER: Could you please send a photo so I can get a better idea of the space?  Thank you.
Kim Boyer

Kitchen Picture
Kitchen Picture  
QUESTION: I have attached the picture for help.  Thanks

Hi Cruznva,
Thanks for sending the photo.  I wanted to see what else you had in the space.  It looks pretty neutral and it's great that you can start with a clean palette.  Here are a few suggestions. All the paints are from Sherwin Williams. For a complimentary color scheme I am recommending SW Macadamia 6142.  For a split complimentary scheme you may use either Grassland 6163 or Svelte Sage 6164.  I would recommend either a pop of yellow or red orange as an accent.  It could be as simple as a vase of daffodils on the table, just in time for spring or in placemats or a window treatment.   Another split comp combination would be to use Morning Fog 6255 on the wall with a pop of yellow.  Remember, the color you choose will be greatly affected by the florescent lighting fixture.  It is very harsh lighting.  While you are updating the kitchen, I highly recommend changing the light fixture as well, maybe to some pendant lighting over the island or a fixture that would provide a much softer glow.  Changing out the bulbs will provide a dramatic difference.  I hope you found this to be helpful.  Good luck with your project.  

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals