Decorating & Furniture/kitchen walls decorating idea

Question
QUESTION: My new home has gray corian countertops and pickled cabinets (they look pink).  I would like ideas for painting the walls--they are currently white--not my preference. thanks

ANSWER: Could you please send a photo so I can get a better idea of the space?  Thank you.
Kim Boyer

Kitchen Picture
Kitchen Picture  
QUESTION: I have attached the picture for help.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Cruznva,
Thanks for sending the photo.  I wanted to see what else you had in the space.  It looks pretty neutral and it's great that you can start with a clean palette.  Here are a few suggestions. All the paints are from Sherwin Williams. For a complimentary color scheme I am recommending SW Macadamia 6142.  For a split complimentary scheme you may use either Grassland 6163 or Svelte Sage 6164.  I would recommend either a pop of yellow or red orange as an accent.  It could be as simple as a vase of daffodils on the table, just in time for spring or in placemats or a window treatment.   Another split comp combination would be to use Morning Fog 6255 on the wall with a pop of yellow.  Remember, the color you choose will be greatly affected by the florescent lighting fixture.  It is very harsh lighting.  While you are updating the kitchen, I highly recommend changing the light fixture as well, maybe to some pendant lighting over the island or a fixture that would provide a much softer glow.  Changing out the bulbs will provide a dramatic difference.  I hope you found this to be helpful.  Good luck with your project.  

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer