Decorating & Furniture/light wood floor/Dark wood fireplace and tables

Question
Hi I am wondering if this would be ok. I have a very light colored oak pergo floor in my living room. I want to buy this dark dark wood with black fireplace, I am buying new furniture also... I want to go with a darker color and use maybe black for the coffee table and stereo cabinet.Will this look ok with the light color flooring? I am tired of everything being light I want dark but don't want to change the flooring... Thank you for your help

Answer
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for selecting me to answer your questions.  

I absolutely LOVE light wood floors with black and with dark wood.  The contrast is wonderful, and the mix of woods is a pleasant change from "matchy matchy" that so many people do.  

Contrast is a wonderful tool in decorating, and I think you'll be most happy with the result.  

If for any reason you're not as happy as I think you'll be, add an area rug to the pergo to coordinate all your colors in the space.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik