Decorating & Furniture/living room layout

living room
living room  
Hi! Thanks for taking emails!  I need help with my open living rm. layout.  I attached a rough floor plan of the room and how it lays out with the adjacent rooms.  The only furniture I've purchased for this room is a coffee table (38x38) and an end table (24x24).  We'd like to have a tv area in this room (don't have the tv yet but we'd get minimum of 32").  Please let me know what other information you need to make a suggestion.  Thanks again!  I've spent hours on an online room layout program and don't like what I've come up with, so your help is really appreciated!

Wow, what a great floor plan!  You can do a lot with this space!  What do you want the primary function of the room to be?  You mentioned getting a TV, will you be doing anything else in the space?  Some great pieces of course would be a sofa and possibly 2 chairs.  The chairs (over a loveseat) would give you great flexibility, especially if you get 2 of the same chairs.  They can be separated, or pushed together for a love seat look.  What are you thinking to house the TV?  An armoire is a great piece with a lot of flexibility as well.  I would try positioning the TV in the bottom right corner facing into the room.  You might want to try a sofa across from it.  This would direct the traffic flow from the foyer, around the living room seating area.  Then add a chair to either side.  You could add a sofa table or cabinet behind the sofa if you need additional storage.  A tall tree in the top right corner would look great.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  Good Luck and enjoy your beautiful room!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals