Decorating & Furniture/living room layout

Question
living room
living room  
Hi! Thanks for taking emails!  I need help with my open living rm. layout.  I attached a rough floor plan of the room and how it lays out with the adjacent rooms.  The only furniture I've purchased for this room is a coffee table (38x38) and an end table (24x24).  We'd like to have a tv area in this room (don't have the tv yet but we'd get minimum of 32").  Please let me know what other information you need to make a suggestion.  Thanks again!  I've spent hours on an online room layout program and don't like what I've come up with, so your help is really appreciated!

Answer
Wow, what a great floor plan!  You can do a lot with this space!  What do you want the primary function of the room to be?  You mentioned getting a TV, will you be doing anything else in the space?  Some great pieces of course would be a sofa and possibly 2 chairs.  The chairs (over a loveseat) would give you great flexibility, especially if you get 2 of the same chairs.  They can be separated, or pushed together for a love seat look.  What are you thinking to house the TV?  An armoire is a great piece with a lot of flexibility as well.  I would try positioning the TV in the bottom right corner facing into the room.  You might want to try a sofa across from it.  This would direct the traffic flow from the foyer, around the living room seating area.  Then add a chair to either side.  You could add a sofa table or cabinet behind the sofa if you need additional storage.  A tall tree in the top right corner would look great.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  Good Luck and enjoy your beautiful room!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer