Decorating & Furniture/paint color

Hi, I've got a sorta dusty rose, or light mauve carpet in my bedroom...I'm getting ready to paint...not sure what colors to go furniture is oak please help!

Hi Linda

Personally, I would avoid any colors along the lines of pink/purple and would suggest you look at dark or navy blue or gray.  Depending on the size of the room and the amount of light, you may need to paint some of the walls in a neutral color - white or off-white - and one or two walls in the color you choose.

If you prefer to use one color throughout I would suggest you go for a pale gray and accessorize with silver.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit